CALLING ALL CHANGE-MAKERS, JUST NEEDS YOU!
Are you looking to do something meaningful? Are you passionate about fashion, social entrepreneurship and making a difference? Are you looking for a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience?
JUST will be launching two new products this fall that will help to revolutionize the fashion industry and we need your help! Our products will allow suppliers and brands to be more transparent and communicate the stories about the how, the where and the who behind their product to consumers. This will improve the lives of garment workers and their communities, and empower consumers to make better choices. There will be promotional events in NYC and other geographies coinciding with the launch, as well as public relations materials to develop. JUST requires an intern to coordinate this portion of the marketing campaign from NYC.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement marketing campaign based on 2015 strategy
- Create and manage content for social media (Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat), blogs and videos
- Events execution
- Build and develop the JUST community both in USA and abroad in alignment with our community manifesto strategy
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- A passion for social and environmental justice
- Knowledge of the fashion industry
- Experience with social media, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and SnapChat
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience organizing and hosting events
- PR background
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree, preferably in communications or marketing, or be in the process of completing a bachelors degree in a similar field.
- While we would love to be able to pay our interns, we are still in the very early stages of building our social enterprise. This would be a volunteer position at the intern’s own expense, but there will be opportunities for additional benefits. We are happy to help coordinate course credit if the intern is a student.
- Up to 10-20 hours per/week for a three month period, starting Sept 1. Some work will and can be done remotely.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected]